Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Shower Curtain Free Bed

Ha.  So I just reread last night’s blog post and it was a mess.   I don’t typically proofread them although sometimes I do.   Two nights ago I wasn’t able to sleep much which meant that last night I was very tired.   So tired that I fell asleep three times sitting on my bed as I wrote the blog post.   The fact that I could follow it at all was more than I had hoped.

Today I made some changes to my children’s beds.   My son and I had a conversation about how much in the way of plush animals and things he had in his bed.   It was his idea to remove everything and just got with his Incredibles 2 sheets, pillow cases, comforter and Jack Jack, the plush.    Tonight when he got in the bed he agreed, there was lots more space.

My daughter’s bed got an upgrade she hadn’t asked for but I thought it was time to do.    Back when she was having these recurrent bladder infections, she was wetting the bed regularly.   At one point at the beginning we didn’t even realize it was a bladder infection because it wasn’t presenting as such and we were having nightly incidents.  

Getting up in the middle of the night to change sheets is no fun for anyone, so we had three sheets on her bed like this from the mattress up:  waterproof mattress cover, mattress pad, plastic shower curtain, sheet, plastic shower curtain, sheet.

This meant that in the middle of the night, no matter how much my daughter had wet the bed, we could pull off the sheet and plastic shower curtain and underneath would be a clean, dry sheet.  But sleeping on two plastic shower curtains isn’t that much fun.  

Although I’m not sure my daughter really cared.   But today she’s having the last of her super powerful antibiotic to beat out the last of the possible infection behind her bladder wall.   And she doesn’t wet the bed otherwise.   She gets up in the middle of the night and goes if she needs to or waits until morning.  

Tonight I had her get in bed and feel how soft the sheet on top of the mattress pad felt.   I think she liked it because she told her brother and me it would be nice if we’d stop talking because she was trying to go to sleep.

The Big Boy Update:  My son came downstairs not long after bedtime last night.  I told him it had’t been long enough for him to get to sleep and have a nightmare.   Actually, he told me, he’d had a “thinkmare”.   He explained, “the thinking is keeping you awake and this one is scary.”   So he told me about his thinkmare and then went back up to bed and could go to sleep.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter went to the fair with Shane, our sitter, today.   I gave them some money and I know they had to pay entry fee plus I saw pictures of multiple rides my daughter went on.    When they got home somehow she had won four, yes four, medium-sized stuffed animals playing games she likely couldn’t see.   I asked Shane how much I owed her and they hadn’t spent that much money.   I need to ask Shane tomorrow, but I’m wondering if my daughter in her cute blindness got some prizes she might otherwise not have gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment