Thursday, October 11, 2018

Rain

We’re having another hurricane hit us.  Well, sort of.   The prediction for Florence put us right in the main path.   Only she swerved and we got some rain.   There was wind, but not that much.   I mean wind, yeah, but not WIND wind.  We had two hours of “squall” weather, which was pretty fun if you like weather, which I do.

Today Michael is here.  Michael’s path was predicated to come right over us—and he did.  Right over us.   At a fast clip.   Michael has been in a hurry to get north, possibly to visit some relatives.   By the time he got to us he’d expended much of his energy.  

I am typically ignorant on the latest news topics.   Yesterday my mother called to ask me about the hurricane and if school was cancelled.   I honestly didn’t know a hurricane was coming.   And if it was coming, goodness, it must be five to seven days off if Florence was any measure of hurricane travel speeds.  

When my mother told me Michael would be to us by tomorrow I pulled out my phone and opened a weather app—and then the phone rang.   I told my mother I’d better take the unknown call and I’d get right back to her.  

I called her back two minutes later to say schools had been cancelled today in anticipation of Michael.   My son’s school let out half a day early.   What happened?  Some rain and wind for two hours maybe.   And some rain.   But nothing more than a nice storm.    Some cities had significant damage from Michael but we missed all the action, thankfully, again.

There was, however, the potential for tornados.   We stayed safe inside and the children and I organized (and threw out) stuff from the junk bins.   We have a lot of junk.

The Big Boy Update:  My son likes working at his desk in the bonus room now.   Mostly before bed.   What he likes to do more than anything is create covers for booklets he’s going to make at a later time.   He has about twenty covers so far.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was trying very hard to find something on her iPad game one afternoon while we were in Detroit.   I was working on my iPad and told her I could help her in a bit, but not. yet.   I knew she was getting frustrated, but if we always help her immediately, she won’t try to work it out for herself.   She has some sight, she needs to learn to use what she has.   But in this case, I came over to help her after I heard her say to herself, “Annnnnnnd…Reese cannot find it."

No comments:

Post a Comment