Saturday, October 27, 2018

Attic Amok

Our attic is a mess.   It’s a mess on its way to a much less messy state.   The whole breaking eggs to make omelettes thing.   I am fairly certain my husband had things he’d much rather be doing than organizing the attic.   He has, however, gotten involved in the project with a good bit of vigor and determination.

We’ve gone about looking at the space in a different way, not just thinking about how we can clean up, throw out and compress the existing stuff into the same organizational structure we set in place when we moved into the house.   Instead, we’re looking at how things can be refitted to use the space in different ways.

We’ve both had some good ideas which are causing the whole space to look rather higgledy piggledy for now.   My children have wanted to help (somewhat).   Provided the help was them getting in and out of a large box, being shut in and then pushed across the floor, they were all about helping.

The Big Boy Update:  My son played one of my husband’s favorite board games from his childhood tonight.   It’s a space version of monopoly, but with some extra twists.   I came down from saying goodnight to my daughter to watch them playing and it looked much more interesting than Monopoly.   They had to curtail their game until tomorrow as it was already past ten o’clock.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter helped us put CD’s into a box in the attic tonight.   She didn’t want me to look as she made a more than perfectly packed box of CDs, all aligned in the same direction.   Some things she has a difficult time with, others she excels in.  I told her I remember organizing things with my mother when I was a child.   Mimi had lots of organization jobs for me if I was ever interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment