Friday, October 12, 2018

9:40

I have that as a blog post title in my list of blog post titles.   It’s a list I keep on my phone to remind me of things I want to write about here.   Only every so often I have a title like, “Blurp and the Groundhogs” and I have not the faintest idea what it meant.   The thing is, I know I’m forgetful—it’s why I write things down in the first place.   To be safe, sometimes I’ll write something like, “why all cereal should have marshmallows” and then, because I might be confused with a title like that, add, “conversation at breakfast”.

But ‘9:40’ with no accompanying text and I’m lost.   But not to worry, I’ll just tell you about my day. It was the first day of…wait for it…THE STATE FAIR.  You heard correctly, it’s State Fair time.   Yesterday was suppose to be the first day of the fair but Michael, the fast moving hurricane, stopped in for a few hours and for precautionary measures they shut down the fair.

My son was in school but on a two-hour delay and my daughter was still tracked out.   My parents came to town to make sure there was no damage to their property and to follow-up with a tenant who was out of power from the storm.   And we had Mexican food for dinner.

I’m sitting on my bed now, editing college application essays my sitter has been working on.   I’m so happy.   I love editing things.   My mother does too.   You should see the two of us when we get into an editing cycle, editing something of my fathers.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son wants to put up Halloween decorations so badly he’s gotten into pestering mode.   This morning because he was on a delay due to weather I told him he could get two things down from the attic.   My daughter got involved and the next thing I know my husband was upstairs too.   My son was very happy as he put a few things out on the front porch and into the front yard.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and husband went to Frankie’s Fun Park today.   They found a game that was broken-ish in that every time they played it they got 500 tickets.   It was too good to be true, they couldn’t stop playing, both excited for their own reasons about winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment