Thursday, August 10, 2017

This Is Sometimes Embarassing

My daughter, without going into details was distraught tonight.   Let me sum up: she wanted to tell a story at bedtime but was so busy crying because she won the right to go first through a, “who can get the closest to the number I’m thinking of” that she used up most of her story-telling time allotment.

My son came down from the top bunk to do what I suspected was, “nosey wosey” on her.   He came up to her and she accepted his help, grabbing onto her nose and saying, “honk”.   As she laughed he looked over at me and said, “this is sometimes embarrassing”.

He’s started to show a very kind side lately.   When he got back in his bunk he said, “I know, you can sing a song to us”.   I said that I loved the songs she made up and he agreed, saying, “I love them too”.   This isn’t the son from six months ago, it’s a kinder child who didn’t complain while he had his turn telling his bedtime story (about the made up Pokemon-type creatures he’d invented) while his sister rolled around on the floor and wailed.  

The Big Boy Update:   Speaking of embarrassing, my son was playing with my husband this morning, poking and hitting him.   I heard my husband say, “ouch, that hurt!”  My son said in a chiding tone, “I only used two fingers.   That’s embarrassing”.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is learning the alphabet sounds (which she knows already from her prior school) via a song for each letter.    She’s been singing them for us all week.   She can’t see what the other students are doing but you can bet she’s getting every one of the songs memorized though.

No comments:

Post a Comment