Friday, August 25, 2017

Home Alone

My in-laws came to get my children for the weekend.   They wanted to have some time to spend with the children without us.   My husband and I were pretty upset about it.   We didn’t want them to leave.   We were sad.   Okay, you know I’m lying, right?

My in-laws got to the house at almost the same time as my daughter got home from school and within the half-hour they were gone.   We’ve gotten pictures with a neighbor’s dog sitting on their laps and my children smiling very big smiles indeed.

Back here at home my husband made dinner for us and we realized half-way through dinner we’d had an entire conversation without being interrupted.  I had forgotten what that was like.

I’d like to say we have big plans for the weekend but it’s mostly getting things done we’ve been meaning to get done.   Both my husband and I have had a summer cough/cold with him having the worst of it.  

So get caught up on relaxing.   And enjoy the silence of the house.   Sounds like a great weekend to to me.

The Big Boy Update:  A few weeks ago my son would travel all over the house with his iPad, even though he wasn’t allowed to.   Then we made some rules and he’s only allowed to have it in one place now—on the sofa.   It took several times losing the iPad for this to become habit with him but he’s got it down now as the iPad never goes anywhere anymore.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter knows that the numbers one through zero in braille correspond to the letters a through j.    The way you know it’s a number is the letter is preceded by an, “in-der-kay-ter” (indicator) as my daughter calls it.

No comments:

Post a Comment