Saturday, August 5, 2017

Headache Launch

I have a migraine.  I don’t get them often but when I do I dislike them.   So I’m making this short tonight.  

We went to a launch party tonight for a new vodka one of our neighbors has been developing with his company.  It was a serious event.   Serious is scale and serious in fun.   My feet are sore from standing around in heels (which I don’t wear a lot) but my husband and I had a good time.

The Big Boy Update:  My son went to a birthday party today.  On the positive side, it was a very fun party.  On the sad side, the mother has bone cancer.   I haven’t seen her in over a year and when we got there I saw a wheelchair inside and wondered if she would make it out to the party.   A while later their grandmother, who was moving around slowly with a rolling walker was talking to the nanny—only it wasn’t the grandmother, it was their mother.   She was almost unrecognizable.   But she said the treatment was working and she was getting a lot better.   On the cute side, my son was very shy when we got there, hiding in his shirt until he was ready to get in the inflatable pools in the front yard.


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is visiting Nana and Papa this weekend for some special time with them.   She was at the pool today and didn’t ever want to stop going down the spiral slide.   She didn’t forget about us though, saying next time she wanted her whole family to visit so they could have fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment