Friday, August 18, 2017

Nicer / Meaner

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Behavioral Update:  
My children have gone through a switch in temperaments lately.   My son was inflexible (and he still is to a degree) while my daughter was easy going and rolled with changes with out much complaint.   Lately though they’ve been switching roles.

My son has been so kind and nice, especially to his sister.   He’s more willing to do things, even when he’s on the iPad, and he’s been overall a much more relaxed person.   My daughter hasn’t been handling things well at all.   Maybe it’s the new school and changes with her vision (which is slightly improved) and she’s also reacting by not listening and intentionally defying us repeatedly.

And I’ve been losing my temper as a result.    She hasn’t liked this but we’ve not liked her ignoring using despite repeated kind-worded requests.   Tonight I lost it at my daughter and yelled at her.    She claimed she didn’t hear me, even though she clearly did.  

My son remained calm throughout but a few minutes later he came to me with the children’s microphone and handed it to me saying, “here mom, you can use this if my sister doesn’t hear you next time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment