Thursday, August 3, 2017

Marbles

Tonight’s blog post was written by (well, dictated by) my daughter, who said she wants to help me with my writing.  

Today we went to the science museum, Marbles.  Here comes’s the fun part, right?  The first thing we did at the museum was having fun playing with some blocks.   And today there were some new blocks there.   The thing I wanted to tell you about the new blocks were big, long stripes without holes on the sides.  There were big ones and little ones, long ones and short ones (is the right thing to say, actually).

And then when we got bored my brother ran up ahead of the museum.  So then Morgan and me (Morgan is our baby sitter) went together and found him playing a game chess.   But he wasn’t playing the game right.  We kept setting up the things and kicking them down, but then Morgan told my brother how to do the game while I was setting the white ones up and knocking them over.  Then I learned how to play the game and the first time I won.  Morgan was on my team so she won too.

Then we went somewhere else.  My brother went on ahead while me and Morgan were being slow-pokes.  We went up the stairs to the truck and then went inside it and then we went down the slide at the other side of the truck.  Morgan went through the gate and met us at the grocery store.   We bought things and then some more things and then I made my vegetable soup and then left.

While me and Morgan were making my pretend soup my brother hurt his head and it sounded really bad and so Morgan gave Greyson some hugs.   And then we went down the fire pole and went to someplace else.    My brother got to pick the next place and he picked the sports room.

First of all, I did some hopping stone things.  I wanted to do the monkey bars but they weren’t available so I did the ladders and then I swing on the rings.    Then we went to the pull chairs and after Morgan clipped me on I pulled myself up but it was so hard I needed help so Morgan and I did it together and then it was easy.   When we let go I went down.   Then another girl wanted to go on it.

Then I wanted to go to the wobbly things like surfboards but they were too wobbly for me and then we decided to go to the ball pit because I found a ball that went there.   We put the ball in the ball pit and played a little basket ball.   Then we went to the electricity room with and all the round discs and the winder things you wind it up with.

After that we went to the car place where we make the cars and roll them down the hill.  At first I made mine but it was too big.   My brother helped me make a car the right size.    Then we decided it was time to go get our snacks.   The snacks we got were kitkats and M&Ms.  We drank some water and Gatorade and I had a just a few pretzels.

Then after that we left to go to the car and go to lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  We had a fun day at Marbles.  So…after that when we got home I was so happy I said, “the end, my story’s over.”

If you’ve ever been to the children’s museum, Marbles, everything in the post above makes sense.  It’s a bit harder to follow without the frame of reference of the physical areas of the museum however.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been four days without his iPad after I found him standing on the counter, opening cabinet doors and removing a bowl, while watching his iPad in his other hand and not paying much attention to his surroundings.   Note that that is in no way allowed so when I took the iPad away he knew it was bad.   He’s been calmly asking and today, after four days of summer vacation (they don’t get the iPads during school weeks) I told him I would discuss it with dad.   His new rule is he may pick one place and only place only to use the iPad.  It can only be used in that one spot.   If it moves, it’s gone.   He wants to pick the chair his sister uses all the time but he’s aware if there are usage conflicts he won’t get to use the iPad.   He’s thinking about the sofa but isn’t sure.   Tomorrow we’ll see if he’s made a decision and if he can keep his usage tethered to that spot going forward.

The Tiny Girl Blog Post Writer:  My daughter wanted to help tonight so I asked her if she wanted to write the blog post for the day.    She’s fairly clear-thinking and can tell a straightforward story so with very little in the way of stopping to ask her what happened next and a few times of, “hold on, you’re going to fast” I was able to get the above down.   I had to cut her off though—she could have gone on about the entire rest of her day in detail.   She remembers so many details.

1 comment: