Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Anniversary Present

My anniversary with my husband is in a few months.   He’s decided a good present would be a pinball machine.   And actually, that sounds like a great present if you’re asking me, which he was I suppose.   But we have a problem if we do decide to go that route which is where to put it.  

We have one machine already which is fun (although I rarely play it).   He’s been working on updating our arcade machine to have ten-thousand video games—all old, using various emulators to make them run on a little tiny thing called a Raspberry Pie computer that fits in the palm of your hand.   But that’s not where we’re running into space constraints.

So what we’re looking at is rearranging our mechanical room to serve multiple purposes.  The first will be a location for a pinball machine (or second one in our case) and other things as yet to be determined. I also suggested we change half of it into a workshop for him so he can do the tinkering he likes to do.

Today we started.   This was great for me because I like getting rid of things, moving things to other locations if they’re infrequently used and just organizing the space overall.   This was less than comfortable for my husband because I was messing with his stuff in a faster than he was prepared for fashion.   But I don’t move slowly when I’m organizing.

We made progress and hopefully by next week we’ll have a workspace and cleared space for future additions.   Then maybe we’ll decide if a pinball machine is really what we (he?) wants for an anniversary present.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband is a very laid-back, mellow guy which apparently didn’t suit my son because he said today, “dad, you’re getting boring.  I want you to be more excited.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We lost my daughter’s favorite stuffed animal for about a week.   Last night my daughter came out of the bedroom after lights out and called down to me, “good news, I found Hermione.  She was under my pillow the whole time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment