Saturday, August 26, 2017

Glabella

Remember when I broke my face visiting my brother- and sister-in-law in New Jersey?  The spot I cut (all the way to my brain as my husband exaggeratingly declared) is in-between my eyebrows or technically known as the glabella.   Technically it’s the “smooth part above and between the eyebrows” and mine isn’t so smooth anymore.

This is due in part to age and wrinkle lines I have from squinting or frowning and laughing.   It’s also due to that nasty cut.    But it’s getting better.   I’ve been keeping it covered with a steristrip most of the time and I’m starting to work on breaking up the scar tissue by aggressively rubbing it now that the wound part has healed.   I’m putting other things on it to reduce scaring.   Overall considering it’s been less than a month since the injury, it’s looking fairly good.

We didn’t get a picture of the cut the night of, but from what I can tell from pictures two days later it’s going to be all right.   There is a question of the alignment of tissues and I’m wondering how noticeable the scar will be in a year or two, but I’m working on minimizing it as much as I can because I don’t want to scare off young children and puppies.

The Big Boy Update:  My daughter has the #2 cubby in her class.   My brother was excited for her and said so by saying, “first is the worst…”   The remainder of the little rhyme is “…second is the best, third is the one with the treasure chest.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had breakfast this morning with Hermione, her favorite plush toy (stuffed animal).   My mother-in-law sent a picture with her happily eating her breakfast beside Hermione.   They each had a plate of food.   I noticed Hermione chose a healthy breakfast of fruit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment