Sunday, August 6, 2017

I Think I’m Going To Try To Go

My son has had an issue lately with taking a break from what he’s doing to go to the bathroom.   And this has caused some issues…in his pants.   As you might well imagine, no one is pleased when this happens.

We’re working on logical consequences for when this happens.   We’ve had him wash his underwear out, which he hates.   This takes a long time with adult supervision and a lot of angst on his part.   It’s more a matter of getting him to realize he needs to take a break from what he’s doing (he gets really focused) to stop and go.

We hear this is all normal for his age, and yet we don’t like it.   He doesn’t like it and doesn’t want anyone to know, which we’re trying to respect.   We’ve come up with a plan he doesn’t like, and that’s a good thing; we’re making him sit on the toilet from time to time with nothing to entertain himself with to see if he can go.  

The other day he ran into the bathroom, passing me on the way saying, “I think I’m going to try”.   Hopefully this will work because my husband, son and I are all tired of the current situation.

The Big Boy Update:  This morning my son came down and as usual I said, “hi, I’m so happy to see you this morning.”   He usually gives me a gruff look and doesn’t say anything because he’s not quite ready for it to be morning yet.   This morning he looked at me and then said, “It’s good to see you.   It’s wonderful to see you.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter spent the weekend with her grandparents.   She had a fantastic time from the pictures and texts they sent.   But she was thinking about us.   On Saturday at dinner she told Nana and Papa, “I wonder how my brother is doing?”

No comments:

Post a Comment