Sunday, August 13, 2017

LaundrAll

I don’t know if there’s a product that does this, but it would be nice.   We do laundry a lot because we have children and children make a lot of dirty laundry.   At nighttime when we’re off peak I go into the laundry room, open the door to the washing machine and dump everything in.   Then I go to the kitchen and get the dirty white cloths bin full of cloths we use for everything from napkins to dish drying to cleaning up hazardous waste spills of red juice.   I put those on top of the clothes and then I get ready to run the load.

Now let me say first off that I’m lazy.   I don’t color separate because the children grow so fast and make such a mess on their clothes they’re worn out or ruined before they would be dulled by mixing colors and whites.   But I am willing to combat color bleed it a little with products.

I put in the detergent.   Then I add the fabric softener to a second spot.   Then I add in color-safe bleach to a third spot and then I add into the main area some OxyClean.   And for good measure I put in a Color Catcher sheet.    Then I start the load.

I’m sure there are reasons from cycle administration of products to incompatibility with products impacting shelf life, but I would pay a premium price if I could dump one thing in and be done.   The LaundrAll product.

The Big Boy Update:  My son likes to wear his headphones even when he’s not using his iPad.  Sometimes he’ll wear them around for half a day or more.   A friend commented the other night, “I think those headphones are attached to him.”   We didn’t know he’d been listening until about a minute later when he turned around with a devious grin and said, “my headphones are attached to me.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We’re going to be losing our sitter in a week as she heads back to college.   The children have had fun doing all sorts of things with her, today even making chocolate chip cookies at her house.    As Morgan dropped them off for dinner tonight my daughter told her goodbye several times.   She shut the door and then reopened it saying, “see ya later alligator.  After awhile crocodile.  Bye-bye best friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment