Friday, April 7, 2017

Spelling Achievement

I’ve never been good at spelling.   It has been to my great advantage that spell checkers and autocorrect were invented and implemented so seamlessly into the technology I use and embrace.

But with all the spelling algorithms and predictive logic out there, there are still some words I just can’t spell.   And that means I can’t get close enough to spelling them for the correct spelling even to be offered.   But this past week I made an advancement in my personal spelling arsenal.

There is a word I just couldn’t get even close to, and yet with two sick children, friends and associates all going down around us with the same stomach virus, I found myself using one word more than I have in a long time—and I learned how to spell it for good as a result: diarrhea.

The word “diarrhea” just makes no spelling sense to me.   But no more, whenever I need to describe this particular undesirable and uncomfortable bodily function in text in the future, I won’t need to rely on spell checkers and autocorrect to sustain me through.

The Big Boy Update:  My son likes Lego Ninjago.   He has some of the Lego characters, there is a game he plays on the iPad and show he watches on the iPad as well.   One of the other things he’s found are YouTube videos relating to the game.  One person uploaded his collection of over one hundred Ninjago Lego characters, arranged on a large Lego board.   My son wanted all one hundred.   We suggested he see which ones he had already because we thought he had a lot.   He went upstairs, got a large Lego board and found (put together) all the characters he had, organizing them the same way as the person from the video had.   He doesn’t have a hundred (he has far, far from it) which means he’s identified more wish list items.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had something on her neck, possibly food, that my husband wiped off.   As he was wiping a the delicate part of her neck she cried out, “ow, you hurt my blood vessel!”

No comments:

Post a Comment