Saturday, April 22, 2017

It Looks Different

My daughter still hasn’t opened her eye after surgery, or at least she says she hasn’t.   She is making progress though.    Instead of insisting all the blinds be shut and a black blanket over her head, my daughter is spending the day with her night eye patch on, not looking.

We need to get her into glasses that will correct for her vision, but we don’t know which glasses work better for her until we know more about what she can see.   Today my husband asked her if she didn’t wasn’t to lock because it was too bright.   Instead of saying yes, my daughter said she didn’t want to look because things looked different.   This means she’s been peeking at least, which I’ll take as a good sign.

I got her most sever correction lenses on this afternoon.   I don’t know if she looked a bit through them, but she wore them until bedtime.   We’re still on hold to see if she can see, but we’re getting closer to finding out if she can.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wants new Legos.  Not only is he selecting toys he wants to sell at a yard sale, he’s counting his piggy bank money as well.   He’s not close in saved money that he needs to be to buy the Lego set he wants.   We told him he could earn extra money for chores.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was talking to dad, asking him to so something.   He didn’t do exactly as she had requested so she critically said back to him, “I don’t think you heard a word I said.”

No comments:

Post a Comment