Thursday, April 6, 2017

Ready For a New Dog?

Before anyone goes and gets excited, we do not have a new dog.   Sakes alive no.   We loved our dog and miss her, but our family (mostly meaning my husband and I) don’t want to add another member to our family right now, furry or otherwise.

But my children do think about dogs and would be completely happy adding one to the family, especially as they have no idea what’s involved with taking care of a dog other than petting it and playing with it.  

We had it easy with our last dog.  She didn’t wander off and didn’t go to the bathroom in the house.   A new dog would necessitate either regular walks or having a fence built, neither of which my husband and I are interested in undertaking.

Today though we had a visitor.   Aunt Jo came to town and while she was at an appointment she asked if she could leave her dog with us.   Bailey, she said, could stay in the garage if we preferred.    We thought Bailey might like to be in the sun on the deck, which seemed to work out quite well based on tail wags.  

My son was home recovering from the stomach virus he was battling yesterday.   He was laying on the couch, watching my husband move the dog from the garage to the deck when he spoke up and said, “see, we’re ready for a dog; one just got dropped off.”

The Big Boy Update:  We’re preparing for our spring break trip out of town.  I told my son and daughter they could fill their backpacks half-way up with things because we were filling the rest with some new activities and fun things for the plane ride.   My son came downstairs with a full bag of Lego characters and parts for his half.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter decided to fill her half of her backpack with Paw Patrol vehicles and characters, something she loves to take on her trips to Detroit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment