Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The No Longer Favorite Seat

We have two bar-height seats facing the sink in our kitchen.   Our two children have sat at these seats since they’ve been out of high chairs.   My son sat in the left seat and my daughter sat in the right seat.   Then, several months ago, something changed.

One of the seats (my daughter’s) was named, “The Favorite Seat” by my children and was the place to be.   It was worth fighting over, getting in trouble for and even losing privileges for.  It was just that important.   We didn’t know why it was important or what caused it to suddenly be important, but we had to do something to cause the seat madness to end.

A schedule was made and each child had certain days The Favorite Seat was theirs.   This made things manageable.    Order was restored and meals could be had in relative calm.  

But times change.   It’s been I’d guess two months now since either of my children really cared about The Favorite Seat.   I’ve been keeping on the refrigerator the orange sticky that had the weekly schedule but it hasn’t been referred to in a long time so today I took it down.

We don’t have a current battle over something adults would find silly while children think the thing is worth fighting over but ten to one something will pop up soon as the next “Favorite” thing.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband got a drone.   It was bound to happen sooner or later.  He had it in pieces on the table and before he even had the propellers on it my son realized what it was.   My son is interested to see it flying

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:    My daughter seems very verbal to me.   She does talk a lot, but her music therapist said she might be a non-verbal processor.   This would mean she needs to process things like her vision impairment, difficult situations, etc., non-verbally as opposed to talking them out.  More on this when I understand it.

What I Did To Exercise Today:  I’ve grown tired of the section title, “Fitness Update”.  I need to come up with something I like better.   At any rate, I ran seven miles this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment