Wednesday, August 24, 2016

New Grill

Tonight we went to our neighborhood pool to grill out.   This is something that’s been in the works for some time and today was the day.  

My husband is on the Board of Directors for our neighborhood.   They’ve been working on the details of getting gas grills installed at our pool for several months.  There were bids, legal advice, what to buy, where to put it, contractor scheduling, safety timers installed and permitting to be approved.   All of this took far longer than it would for you or me to go to Lowes, get a gas grill and a tank and stick it on our porch.  

Once the permitting was done this afternoon, my husband said we’d go confirm everything was working as expected so that an announcement could be sent to the neighborhood tomorrow.  

Good news, everything works.   Better news, the hamburgers, corn and grilled vegetables were great.

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn’t want to do something this morning.   I had explained to him it wasn’t a choice and that he could have the snack he was asking for as soon as he completed <typical trivial task children blow all out of proportion>.   He wasn’t giving up though and continued to whine saying, “can’t I just have some protein first?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   Special Time, Music Edition.  My daughter likes music, dancing and singing.   She’s wanted to do Special Time lately and play the keyboard, trying out all sorts of songs, beats and sounds.   She likes to know what you think about her creations.   I tell her the truth, saying I like that part a little bit better than the last thing or that what she’s playing now sounds like a marching song, etc.   She loves trying out all sorts of things and is getting pretty good at variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment