Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Burned

We got burned today.   Not just me, my daughter and my husband.   My son seems to be immune to getting burned based mostly on his skin tone.   The remainder of us weren’t as lucky, even with more than one application of sunscreen for each of us.

Aloe has been applied and everyone feels fine, even if a little hot on the skin for now.    No one was seriously or significantly burned, it’s just with the sunscreen products available today, getting burned isn’t something that happens as often as it did years ago.  

Sunburn aside, we had a fun day at the beach and with the jet skis and boat.    My children collected shells that are beautiful and wonderful to them even though they look plain and ordinary to the adults.  

The Big Boy Update:  Madison Mania.   My son is in love with his’s cousin’s girlfriend, Madison.   I’ve never seen him so obsessed over someone before like he is with Madison.   He’s written her love letters (with some adult assistance) and wants to hug her and be right next to her all the time.    He’s going to miss her when we leave.  Fortunately, she’s coming down to visit in a week on the way to college.   He’s looking forward to showing her his toys and bedroom.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter stands on her toes.  She folds them under and stands on top of them like on her tip toes, to get as much height as possible when she needs to.    I mentioned to her how I used to do the same when I was a child.   She said, “it’s comfortable”.   I told her I remember it being comfortable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment