Monday, August 1, 2016

Family Laughs

We’ve been spending time with our family over the past few days.   Some people don’t look forward to being with their family, but for us it’s some of the best times of the year.

We’ve been laughing at each other and because of each other for days.    And I don’t mean the mean kind of “at your expense” kind of laughter, but the fun kind of laughter that means you’re having fun as a group.  

There has been good food, happy children, beer, family members as well as friends.   We’ll be sad when it’s time to leave, which is how we feel every year at the end of our family vacation.

The Big Boy Update:  We went out to dinner tonight to a new restaurant in town.   We arrived fairly early, but by the time we’d gotten around to ordering our meals a good number of other orders had been put in before us.   My son entertained himself very well with some crayons, a cup, some ice cubes and a straw.   After time drew on and our meals hadn’t been delivered my son asked how much longer, saying, “but it’s been a year since we ordered.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Sometimes my daughter says things that make you think things are going on in her head (or eyes) that may or may not be true.   This is something she told my husband one day at our playground:  “I have some new tricks I can show. I took pictures of them for my eyes. You have cameras, but I can’t show you since they’re kind of locked in a space where I can’t find my keys.”   I don’t know what that means, but does she know she can’t see or make sense of things like she used to, or is it just the type of talk children do?

No comments:

Post a Comment