Monday, August 29, 2016

And On A More Upbeat Note…

Yesterday’s post was a downer, sorry about that folks.  Let’s talk about today and how it was a better, happier day all around.    It was the first day of school for our children.    It’s the fifth year we’ve been at this school and we are very happy to not only have our children there, but to be involved in many other aspects of the school itself.

I was at a welcome session this morning and talked to new families.   We had a staggered start which involved dropping off my daughter at one time, picking her up later while dropping of my son and then coming back to get my son.   It’s going to be like that tomorrow as well as the teachers welcome the new students into their classrooms in smaller group settings.    Its fine with me because my children liked the quick, short day and I got to speak to many new parents as we stood around.

We had three orientation meetings tonight, one for each of our children’s main classes and a third one for the after school hours my daughter attends while my son finishes the “kindergarten” hours Montessori schools call, “Extended Day”.

Everyone was happy and friendly.   We have new families I was pleased to meet and look forward to seeing at events and at school as the year goes on.     We have a very happy, positive and friendly school.   The children seem to like going there as much as we like having them there.  

The Big Boy Update:   My son wants to take Spinjitsu classes.    I told him I wasn’t sure the Martial Art moves they do in his cartoon called, “Spinjitsu” was thought around here.    I don’t think it is…I haven’t checked?  I wonder if it’s a real thing?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   We went to school in “The Flying Car” this morning to drop my daughter off.   The car is white but she explained, “I want this car to be gold when I grow up…and when I get my driving license.”

No comments:

Post a Comment