Sunday, February 21, 2016

Triathlon

Did I mention I’d signed up for a triathlon?   It’s an olympic distance one so it’s not as long or grueling as a half Iron Man, but it’s longer than anything I’ve done before.    I estimate I’ll be swimming, biking and running for close to four hours in May.

Today my neighbor and I ran in the park and afterwards her children and she came over for pizza and crafts while her husband biked with a friend.   He stopped in afterwards for some of the then cold pizza and I got a lot of good information on how to prepare and train for the triathlon.    

He’s in the same one I’m in May, but he’s also doing a full Iron Man in October, which will likely be over twelve hours of straight exercising.   He’s been working with a trainer to prepare and he’s also done triathlons before.    I feel a bit less worried after talking to him, but I realize I need to do some things to prepare soon.

The Big Boy Update:  I asked Greyson what he’d like to say for his blog post update tonight.   I told him some of his family and friends read what I write here.   He told me to write, “you’re cute.  I love you.  Ummm…”  Me, “what?”  My son, “I said, ‘ummmm.’”  Me, “did you want me to write that part?”  My son, “yes.   That’s all.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I was on the phone with a friend about a committee meeting we’re having in the morning.  My daughter came downstairs and whispered to me, “mommy, if I go upstairs and go to bed, when you’re off the phone will you come give me a kiss and a hug goodnight?”   I promised her I would.

Fitness Update:  Sixteen miles today in what felt more like spring weather than February’s typical cold temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment