Friday, February 12, 2016

Legos

DMy son and husband love Legos.   My husband sometimes needs some Lego therapy and has to go buy a model.   My son can play with a completed model for days and days, breaking bits of and the putting them back on in slightly different ways as he tries to “fix” it.

For my son’s birthday and Christmas he received multiple lego sets.   He’s been working through them slowly, as a single model can keep him entertained for quite some time.   Yesterday we had a scheduling conflict so my mother stepped in to help.   Before the two of them went off to his Tae Kwon Do class he asked Mimi if she would help him with a Lego model.

He took her up to the room with a child lock on the door and told her it would be all right to go in.   He selected one of the models and was ready to work on it.   My mother told him she didn’t know how to put together a Lego model.   My son told her, “it’s simple, Mimi, you just follow the instructions.”

He say at the table and did just that.  He was making good progress on the model when it was time to go to Tae Kwon Do.    Maybe next time Mimi comes to visit they’ll finish their model.  

The Big Boy Update:  When my mother left yesterday my son leaned out the door and told her, “I love you, Mimi.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  At dinner my daughter was singing a song we couldn’t identify.   It was all about a band of angels.   Well, it was one line and that line was something like “la de da la la la, band of angles.”  She didn’t remember the rest of the son.  

No comments:

Post a Comment