Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cold

I don’t  have one, it is.   It’s cold.   It’s cold outside and I have small children that don’t seem to understand that the warmth inside a building doesn’t extend to the outside of a building.   My son got put out on the front porch without socks today so he could get a better understanding of why I said he had to wear socks to school.    He put the socks on after about two minutes.   Then he walked around to the back door, thinking it would still be unlocked for the dog.   He didn’t argue about socks for the rest of the day after that.

Then we had the jacket discussions.   You have to wear them to go out when it’s in the twenties.   This proved to be a highly complex concept for my children to understand today and I don’t know why.   They were happy about jackets at the start of the season.  

And don’t get me started about gloves and hats.   I’m hoping they will have several “I’m cold!!!!” experiences in the coming weeks to start to believe us when we tell them to get ready to go out.   For now, I’m going to finish this post and go put a few more strips of paper in the yelling bowl from today.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was throwing a whining tantrum the other morning.   I told him I wasn’t going to listen to him any more and shut the door to the bedroom.   This infuriated him because he no longer had an audience.    About two minutes later I had to go back to the kitchen to get something (probably my coffee).   I overheard him complaining to his sister in the same whining voice about how I was in the bedroom and I had shut the door and wouldn’t let him <insert whatever it was he was upset about>.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:    My husband was getting the children ready to go to the car.  He had asked my daughter to put the lunch boxes into their school bags.   She had gotten one in successfully but was getting tripped up on the second one.   He asked her if she needed help and she said, “sometimes I just can’t see things.”  This is the first time I’ve ever heard her say anything like that.   We all know it’s true, it’s just hard to hear her say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment