Sunday, January 31, 2016

Anxious

I’m not eagerly looking forward to tomorrow.  The word ‘eager’ indicates positive anticipation.   I am decidedly anxious, which is the negative sister to eager.

Tomorrow I will be anxiously awaiting the results of my daughter’s EUA in the morning.   She will have both eyes look edat under anesthesia and she may have something injected into her left eye.  

I’m anxious because we want to hear that things are improving in the right eye, even though she’s not really able to use it yet.   I’m anxious because I want to hear the lens capsule hasn’t opacified from the foreign solutions in her eyes to help them have side-effects.   I’m anxious to find out how her left eye looks and if the large retinal tear he suspected is confirmed.    I’m anxious because I hope they can get a refraction done on her right eye so we can try and get a corrective lens, even though it may be too early to make sense or even help.

And above all, I’m anxious because I don’t want to hear more bad news.   Tomorrow, we’ll know.

The Big Boy Update:  My mother was talking to my son today.  She talked about being cute.   He said, “I might have been cute when I was one-year-old; I don’t know if I’m cute now.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   While we were on the road a bad smell came into the car.   We all asked it was the other person but as the smell persisted we decided it must be coming from outside the car.   My daughter said, “maybe it was from a tractor?”

Fitness Update:  I forgot about the workout I did at the fitness room yesterday.  I lost track of time and ended up doing a whole lot of different things over two-and-a-hours.   Today I am doing nothing as we drive to Detroit for my daughter’s EUA tomorrow but I am busy being sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment