Friday, October 25, 2013

Out of Time Night

I have time, but it's one of those night I'm tired and out of energy and, I suppose, lazy and just wanting to go to bed.  We had another great day at the fair with some new foods and some of the same foods.  I got to do a twelve mile run with Uncle Jonathan and my neighbor in weather that was much nicer than the other option, which was running at five-thirty with the threat of icy precipitation.

Then we went to a birthday party next door and had pizza and found out our fourteen-year-old friend has lots of friends from school.  Also, they got the largest pizza I've ever seen delivered.  Larger than a monster truck's tire.  And it was good too.

One child still has a fever and the other child has an almost fever so I'm going to put him to bed and then go to bed myself.  It's movie night here but I'm going to seep, happy in the knowledge that we have great friends who are in our house having fun.

The Big Boy Update:  Red Cross kind.  My son had an unexpected allergic reaction to something at the fair which turned into hives on his face in short order.  We took him to the red cross station and were overwhelmed by kindness and friendliness.  After some Benadryl, he was back in the fair game.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She still has a fever and is happy or cranky, depending on how her fever is faring.  Other than that, she's got no other symptoms of illness.  I hope she'll feel better tomorrow.

Fitness Update:   Twelve miles, our longest run left before the marathon on the third of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment