Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Wardrobe

Children grow so quickly that every season they get a new wardrobe.  I found out from a good friend of mine last year that new wardrobes could be purchased at a significant discount, at used children's clothing stores.  Not only is the price highly attractive, the variety and selection of items is far better than what you'd find at retail stores.

My daughter, thanks to Mimi and Gramps, now has a full fall and winter wardrobe.  My son, however, didn't need new clothes.  He had clothes waiting in queue from his friend, Gavin.  Gavin was close to five when my son was born and his mother had been handing down his clothes to another source for the first few years.  But the T3 and up clothing she's been sharing with us.  So I went "shopping" in the children's closet for my son's new clothes.

Then, the labeling process had to start all over.  Out the sharpie came and initials were put on all their clothes before they could be folded and put back in the drawers.  It's a nice looking pile of new (to us) clothes.  I'm looking forward to seeing them all their new things over the next few weeks.

The Big Boy Update:  Big energy today and this evening as our friends came over and had dinner and some pumpkin carving with us.  He was driving around on the motorcycle in the garage and being loud and boisterous.   He even got to go to sleep late because of all the fun.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Very cranky at school.  I came and helped out for a short while before school was let out.  She was upset, tired, and inconsolable.  Rarely, if ever, had she had to be held to remain calm.  She said, "I want applesauce" so I texted daddy and asked him to bring several.  When I got her to the car she ate three, the most she's ever eaten, and then was happy again.  Then, she had a very long nap.  There are lots of sick children in their classes so I'm guessing we may be seeing something coming home in the way of germs soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment