Saturday, October 26, 2013

Costume Party

We've been invited to a neighborhood costume party.  Or, rather, the family hosting the party has invited the whole neighborhood.  I've never been one for costume parties, but I did want to go and see my friends in the neighborhood.  So I waffled.

On the one hand, I didn't want to go to a costume party without a costume.  On the other hand, I didn't have a great idea for a costume and I didn't want to just go get something at the store that looked cheap, just be technically in costume.  And on third hand, part of me isn't into the whole costume party thing and wants to just say forget it, I'm going in jeans and a t-shirt.

After dinner tonight, a mere two hours before the party starts, my husband said he was going to the attic to see if he had any old costumes that would work.  He came down with some good options, but he said I had some great options as well and that I should go look.  "I did," I thought?

I remembered costumes from my college days that weren't the type of message I wanted to convey these days and I remembered some costumes I didn't like that much, but was an okay option for that year, but I didn't remember any one in particular that would suit for this evening.

And then I saw the black and orange witch's costume.  I have a thing for orange and this costume has a lot of that.  It's also mature, without being too "sexy" or risque.  In short, it was perfect.  I got this great hat that I remember being more expensive than a witch's hat should be, but that fit me well and stayed on my head.

So now I'm dressed and we're waiting for Uncle Jonathan to come and hang out with the children asleep so we can go to the neighbors for a few drinks and a fun time.  Daddy is a warlock, so we'll match as a couple, how nice is that?

The Big Boy Update:  Mickey Mouse potty break.   We've had an issue with him wetting his pants when he's focused on something like watching television.  This afternoon I came into the living room to find him with his pants down, staring at the television.  I asked him if he needed me to ask Mickey to wait so he could go to the bathroom and he said no, but that he was dirty.  It turned out he had left the television to go potty and was, indeed, in need of a wipe.  It's the first time he's pulled himself away from something engrossing that I remember.  (I'm glad he decided not to sit down when he came back though.)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She holds the crayon properly.  She seems to have an easier time drawing than he does and I just noticed today that her grip on the crayon looks like it gives her more control.  I wonder who taught her that?

No comments:

Post a Comment