Friday, June 7, 2019

What Am I Suppose To Be Doing?

My daughter and mother have what would appear to be a regular, standing call happening afternoons during the time my daughter is riding home in the cab.   There are other students in the car with my daughter, but she doesn’t seem dissuaded from talking to or singing at, Mimi wile things happen around her.

Sometimes my daughter gets distracted.   For instance, today she told Mimi to hold on, she had to help someone.   And while my daughter us having a good time regaling Mimi with her songs, stories and instructions, it can be sometimes hard for Mimi to figure out what’s going on due to noice.

Today, when my mother had tried multiple times but couldn’t understand what my daughter was saying.   She said, “can you tell me again what I’m suppose to be doing?”   My daughter replied an almost indignant tone, “you’re suppose to be listening!”

My mother couldn’t help it, she laughed.   And once she started laughing, she couldn’t stop laughing. After a bit my daughter decided whatever it was she’d said had been pretty funny so she started laughing too.

The Big Boy Update:  My son and daughter had a sitter over before, during and after my son’s screen time window for the school evening.   I wondered if he was going to try and work the system with Blake.   Aside from making sure Blake knew he needed to be home and ready to start his screen time at spot on six-thirty, he did just what he should have done, including stopping screen time without arguing at the end of the hour.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: Our dog went off to two weeks of a board and train program.   My daughter, who is very unhappy about the dob being gone, projected her feelings on her good friend and next door neighbor, Madison, as she told my mother, “I just earlier today when she had a conversation about her, “I don’t know how Madison is going to make it.   She’s going to have to go two weeks without seeing Matisse."

No comments:

Post a Comment