Saturday, June 22, 2019

Real Quick, Emergency

My children went to the pool with Blake, their sitter, this morning.   I was texting Blake about what time I should be home when he called me.   We talked about the best time for me to get in so he could get ready to go to his other job.

I thought we were done and was about to hang up when he said, “real quick, emergency…”  He didn’t sound upset or concerned, and yet he’d said it was an emergency.   I asked if everything was okay and he told me, “Greyson wants to know how women get pregnant.”

I laughed and told him that I could see what he meant about the emergency.   I told him to tell Greyson to ask me when he got home.   My son has completely forgotten about his question now that Gaddyn (I had her name spelled incorrectly before) is over for a sleepover.   We’ll see if the question resurfaces tomorrow.   Right now he’s more interested in impressing Gaddyn.   He even went to the bathroom and slicked back his hair with water from the sink—and if you know my son, that’s saying a lot.

The Big Boy Update:  I told my son he would love sleeping in the bed at Mimi and Gramps house in the mountains.  I told him not only was it the biggest bed he’d slept in before, it also had bamboo fiber sheets on it.   He didn’t seem to care when I told him, but before he left he told Mimi, “this is the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is simply beside herself that Gaddyn messaged me and wanted to know if we could still get together this weekend.   We confirmed a sleepover and her parents dropped her off just a bit ago after spending a day at the lake.   Gaddyn has been learning braille, closing her eyes and being blind like my daughter and has been learning all sorts of things about what my daughter’s life is like as a blind child.  They are having lots of fun.  We’re so glad she wanted to come over today.

No comments:

Post a Comment