Sunday, June 23, 2019

Fort

This post isn’t about Fortnite.   There is a lot of Fortnite action at our house.  My son is obsessed with it.   He mostly likes to watch videos of other people playing and glitches in the game.   My husband is excellent at it, which is very like him—he’s very good at computer games or anything that requires precision and accuracy.  This post is, instead, about an actual fort.

My daughter’s new friend, Gaddyn, came over yesterday for a sleepover.   They and my son went back and forth between the two houses several times until this evening when Gaddyn had to go home.   Gaddyn has a cell phone, what with being twelve, which proved to be very useful as she could message me or call me when needed.   She was very diligent at making sure my daughter was safe and more than that, was incredibly interested in all things having to do with my daughter’s vision impairment and how she perceived and accomplished things.

Gaddyn learned all about braille, tried on a pair of my daughter’s glasses and couldn’t see at all with them, declaring, “I’m blind like you are now!”  My daughter was incredibly happy.   They got their own breakfast and lunch and had ice cream.  Swinging happened regularly and trips to Gaddyn’s house gave them time on her trampoline.  

And then they built this, which my daughter has asked if we can keep up…forever:



It was so large it had it’s own floor plan plat:



And of course it had the all important placard on the front:



The Big Boy Update:  My son decided to create a television show with me, as a superhero.   He created this and taped it to the television in the bonus room last night:



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me tonight while we were drying her hair, “I had 1000 more fun with Gaddyn here.”  I texted Gaddyn’s mother and told her Gaddyn was welcome at our house again, any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment