Friday, June 28, 2019

Party Preparations

We’re hosting a retirement party at our house tomorrow night.   It’s a pot luck event, but there is still a lot to get prepared.   The house is tidy, that’s sort of never an issue here because I have a tidy disorder and my husband caught it when we got married.   The children seem to remain uninfected though as they have thus far showed no signs of an obsessive need for organizing.

I’m doing that whole packing for the boat trip thing but today took the day off for several things, mostly party-related.   I’m getting to bed late and I’m tired, but I got these made (with the help of my son) to put on wine and champagne glasses as well as send home to the guests.  The ones on the right are all modes of transportation (including a pumpkin carriage) while the ones on the left are all motorcycles.



Our head of school, the one retiring, is a motorcycle enthusiast and goes riding when she has time from her busy work life so we’re throwing in some stereotypical motorcycle fun.    She most definitely does not fit the stereotype, but we couldn’t resist.  She and her husband plan on traveling now that they will both be retired, notably traveling around in an Airstream they plan on getting in the spring.

We’ve got motorcycle tattoos and I’ll have a basket of tattoo sleeves for the guests to don upon arrival, all different patterns:



I got my son to take a picture of one on me.   They’re like a thick hosiery material and are quite comfortable:



And yes, I’m wearing a Fortnite t-shirt.  I got it for my son but it was too big, so I adopted it.  The Fortnite craze continues in our house still.

The Big Boy Update:  My son’s sitter, Blake, took him to an Escape Room today.   They didn’t make it out in time, but I hear they had fun.   Here’s their after photo:



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter knew I was tired and was trying to get them to bed,   She had gotten her stuffed animals all arranged and I was about to leave the room when she said, “mom, after you rest your feet, do you think you could bring me my monkey stuffed animal from downstairs?”  I don’t know where she got the ‘resting your feet’ phrase as it isn’t one we typically use, but it was very sweet.   I went downstairs to get her monkey and her new “flip” blue and silver sequined gecko she yelled down from their room as a second request, it being another stuffed animal she couldn’t possibly go to sleep without having in her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment