Friday, June 14, 2019

It Feels Like Half Summer

I can’t figure out what it feels like here.  It sort of feels like summer because my son’s first day of summer break was today.   But my daughter still has two weeks of school to go before she completes first grade to become a rising second grader.  

Summer for my son is the typical three months.  My daughter, in contrast, has only one month off between finishing one grade and starting the next.   We have to pack in any summer vacations during the month of July.

And a packed July we have.   We’re on a ten-day sailing trip starting right after the Fourth of July.  We return and have a one day turnaround to unpack, wash everything and repack before heading to a family reunion for a week.  

We return from that trip and my daughter goes back to school two days later.  In August we’re trying to figure out what to do with my son.   He has the whole month and not a lot to do.   So if you want to have him visit you for a few days, let me know.

The Big Boy Update:  The screen time blow up last night turned into a calm conversation this morning.   My son was pretty positive about it and contributed a lot to the discussion.  We have revamped the whole system to be less argument prone and more restrictive while giving him more chances to earn screen time.   He had some good suggestions.  We’ll see if he decided to do any of the extra work.  So far today, he’d rather be bored, instead of doing any of the optional items.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles;  My daughter and her VI friend, Aditi, are having a sleepover tomorrow night.   Where?  We don’t know.   They have been so adamant this was happening that one of their VI teachers emailed me about it.   I texted Aditi’s mother who laughed and said she’d been avoiding the topic, thinking it might go away.   They have some commitments and don’t know if they can make it work.   But if they can swing it, it looks like our little planner daughters will indeed be having a sleepover here tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment