Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Father’s Day Letter

My son’s father’s day present was a verbal presentation.   We think this is because my son just didn’t want to take the time to write something down, which makes sense as without the Adderall he’s not nearly as focused and has a hard time concentrating long enough to write down anything lengthy.  His sister, on the other hand, wrote her father a letter.   She only wrote two pages, which is short for her, but in her usual fashion, it was charmingly sweet.



The Big Boy Update:  My son knows what it means for something to be tactile.  It means, to him, that you can feel what a thing is like without having to look at it with your eyes.   He doesn’t understand it in the way his sister does, but he is on the lookout.   The other day we were out shopping.   He called over to me and said, “look, this shirt is tactile.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Sometimes we get a window into how the medical trauma my daughter endures affects her.   She doesn’t want to talk about it, ever, but it creeps in in unexpected ways sometimes.   She was writing sentences using vocabulary words the other day.   Two of the ten sentences were: “I said hi to the nurse today.” and “I hurt my self today."

No comments:

Post a Comment