Saturday, June 8, 2019

Hi Float

This is one of those posts that's unrelated to any other post I’ve written before.  It’s what you might call a "one-off".   Sort of like an X-Files episode which has nothing to do with the alien conspiracy mytharc but is instead about some strange sludge-based life form that’s killing people by sucking out their adrenal glands.   Did I lose you there?  Did I go overboard with esoteric sci-fi references?

Okay, let’t start from the top.   This post is about latex balloon helium float times.   Typically a helium inflated balloon will last until the next morning (at most) before enough helium has permeated out and the balloon sinks to the floor, a sad version of its former buoyant self.

I went online to buy some bulk balloons in white and blue for the open houses we host when I noticed a product called Hi Float.   It boasted extending float times by five-fold.   It wasn’t expensive and came in a small bottle so I added it to my order.

Yesterday, when my order from BalloonsFast.com arrived, I did a test: I inflated two balloons to the same size, one with Hi Float and one without.   The Hi Float is a clear liquid plastic very much like hair gel in consistency.   You squirt it into the un-inflated balloon, squish it all around coating the inside and then inflate as normal.   When complete, it looks just like a regularly inflated balloon.


Last night both balloons were the same size.   This afternoon it’s clear which one has the Hi Float.   Test complete—it works as described.  My son is in the above image.   He was in no way interested in the balloons.   He had climbed up on the counter so that he could eat something while technically remaining in the kitchen so that he could watch a YouTube video about fifty cool things to know about the Avengers.

The Big Boy Update:  My son, husband and father-in-law are going to a baseball game this evening.   They’re about to leave shortly.   I think they’ll have a good time together.  The ladies have our own evening planned out.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning Aunt Margaret picked up my daughter to take her to get a pedicure.   She came back several hours later after not only getting a pedicure, but a manicure and a fun lunch out with Uncle Jonathan.   Plus, there was time at their house playing with Peek-a-boo, their cat.   My daughter has each hand and foot in five different colors.   Her little nails look like jelly beans with the color choices.   My daughter had SO much fun.   She wants to get back together with Margaret soon, soon, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment