Sunday, June 9, 2019

Retirement Celebration

Our head of school retires in less than a month, with the last week of school for the year this coming week.   Today we had a celebration for her, inviting all families, past and present to the event.   There was a surprise flash mob at the start of the presentations.

My mother-in-law and I have been practicing.   I’m not much of a dancer, but it was fun and short at two minutes long and she and I decided we didn’t care how foolish we looked, we were dancing.  My husband and father-in-law got videos of the event from two different angles.   When the music started, our choreographer turned to my mother-in-law and me and asked why everyone was backing up?   Not to worry, we said, we’d stay up front with her.

It was fun, we didn’t mess up too much and our head of school loved it and was touched at the same time.   My son joined in too, which I’m ever so proud of him for doing.   The rain held off for the most part and the event was a both fun and successful.  

I got to see many people, both students and parents, that are no longer at the school.   We’ll miss Dominique as she leaves for retirement.   She is planning to get an Airstream with her husband, to travel around the country with their Harley Davidson motorcycles in tow behind.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a difficult time being social with other children at school for a good while.   I watched him interact with friends today and was impressed how calmly assured he was and how easily and well he played with the other students at the event.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was mostly interested in the Italian ice at the event today.   She had five servings.   She wanted more, telling us, “the reason I’m eating su much is I’m donating everything in my stomach to people who are hungry and poor."

No comments:

Post a Comment