Sunday, January 3, 2021

Socks and Pajamas

I may have come upon a measurement that indicates how this holiday has been for me.   Tonight, I put away the laundry.   There were towels, sheets, and other household things, and then there were my things.  I do my laundry and pull in the children's whenever there is enough for one or two loads.   My husband does laundry entirely separately.   This is for several reasons but one, in particular, is that his clothes are almost all dark.   It's easier for him to just do his as a dark load self-contained while I handle the rest of the laundry. 

After putting up everything else, my clothes lay in a small pile on the bed.   I separated everything out to find socks, pajamas, and three other items.   That was it.   It would appear that for the last while, the only things I've been wearing are socks and pajamas.   

I have to say, I'm rather happy about the change in the clothing requirements these days.   Without a doubt, I'd rather be free of COVID-19 and having to dress in work clothes every day of the week, but as we're stuck with COVID-19 for at least a while longer, I'll take pajamas as daily wear as a side benefit. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is working on his thank-you notes.   He would do a much better job if he were taking Adderall, but since he only takes it for school hours and prefers not to be on it at other times, I'm working with his hyperactivity and distractability and getting what I can out of him for note.   I'm balancing that with his self-image, which is easily bruised as he thinks he can't do things right now.   Some of his notes may be short, but the words in his mind are many more in gratitude.    I've had him send video thank you's to some people for his birthday presents because he is so much more successful at expressing how he feels.  

The TIny Girl Chronicles:  When we were doing the laundry I noticed my daughter had only one pair of underwear across the ten-odd days the laundry cycle was covering.   When I asked her she simply said, "oh yeah, I don't wear underwear."   My commando nine-year-old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment