Thursday, January 21, 2021

Longest Print Yet

I remember when I first started 3D printing how I'd look for models that could be printed quickly.   Today, I finished the longest print I've ever sent to a 3D printer.   I almost lost it at thirty-three hours in when I happened to be in the room.  I heard a plastic thunk sound and turned around to see part of the model dislodged internally, surrounded by some other sections of the model. 

This is the crazy part: I taped the dislodged parts to other sections of the model and told the printer to continue—and it worked.   Here's the model, all forty-four hours of it.  It's a special Cog Dice Roller model from Clockspring, the same creator who designed the other fun models for rolling dice I've talked about here before.   

My daughter loved the model.   I think I may have to print one for her teachers at school she's had so much fun with it. 



The Big Boy Update:  My son had a field trip today.   It was at a park and outside.   Parents had to drive their children to the location and pick them up individually.   Measures were taken just like they would have been at school for safety.   He learned about tree rings and how fires are good and bad things for trees.   And also that our neighbor's son, who's in his class, has a Minecraft server he plays on with his cousin.  They're making plans to play together. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter made our entire grocery list.   It was three pages in braille.   Today, she helped me get the entire list at the store.   We shopped for a long time with her helping me get all the things we needed, plus a few fun things we most definitely didn't, calorie-wise.   She even helped me put the groceries away when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment