Saturday, January 30, 2021

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

 ...in my mind.   I was so frustrated yesterday at one of my printers that I stormed off to bed without writing a post, so this is tomorrow with me back-dating this post.   I had an issue I thought I'd fixed that only caused another issue involving hot, melted filament to ooze out of the printer while it was running.   Not something you want to happen. 

I went to bed worried because I had no idea how to fix the problem.  Then, I watched some videos and the fix, now that I'd completely rebuilt the extruder, including getting thermal paste all over my hands (it's not fun stuff and it smells bad) and the final adjustment part I was missing is a simple, single screw fix.  

I was doubly concerned because this printer, the Prusa Mini+ is the one I'm taking to my son's class on Friday when I present to them about 3D printing and I need the printer to work reliably.   When I got up, I got into a conversation with another maker, and the issue I'd been having he had also coincidentally experienced, including the same fix.   His printer has been working flawlessly since he made the change.  

What a relief.   I hope I have the same results.   We'll know in a day or two. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl No Screens Potato:  My son lost screens yesterday.  This forced him to do offline things and while at first, he was angry, he had a great day playing with his sister.   That blanket that is effectively a pouch with a hole in one corner now has every pillow and blanket the two of them could find stuffed into it.   It's too heavy to drag alone, but they're loving their, "potato."  They laughed, yelled, and romped around the house yesterday, dragging the potato (and who knows how much dirt) behind them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment