Sunday, August 25, 2019

Blanket Tents

The dog loves to lie on the air vents when the air conditioning is on.   She is going to be devastated come winter when her favorite cooling-off spot starts blowing hot air.  My daughter likes to find the dog, wherever she is and "snuggle" with her but when she checked the vent right beside the dog's crate today she found it empty.

She had gone over with a blanket wrapped around her, something she does a lot because she's frequently cold.  We misnamed her when we gave her the middle name of Winter From a temperature tolerance perspective perhaps the name Amazon would have been better.

Without the dog at her vent, my daughter decided to curl up in a ball over the gushing air conditioning outlet just like the dog does.  She pulled her blanket over her head and body and then noticed something interesting: the air blew up into the blanket and lifted it up, not unlike how a parachute catches air when sky diving.  She called out to me that she's made a blanket tent.

She was excited about her discovery.   After a few minutes, she went to get a second blanket and had the dog in tow with her.   I've mentioned before how flexible and understanding our dog is.   For the next hour, she and the dog got under three air vents and tested all the ways she and the dog could trap themselves inside to cool off together.  The dog never complained, she followed all requests without question and made her a very happy little girl just by being the sweet dog she is.

My daughter was only unhappy when the air conditioning was off.   I explained to her it would be back on when the room heated up ad needed to be cooled again.   I got a modified version of, "are we there yet" as my daughter asked me what felt like every two minutes if the air was back on.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was talking to Uncle Bob about his name.   Uncle Bob explained that his middle name was his mother's father's name.   He asked my son if he could figure out what his middle name would have been if he was named using the same method.   My son thought about it and said his name would have been, "Greyson Gramps."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter likes to play a game in the car where she's a genie, and we go on adventures.   Today I asked if we could go on her magic carpet to the Giza Plateau to see the Great Pyramid and the Sphynx.  After we looked at them she wanted to dig to find a new tomb.   We, with the help of our rented red-clad and blue-clad camels, found a tomb with an unbroken seal on the entrance.  The undisturbed tomb turned out to be Hatshepsut's, including her intact sarcophagus.   She wanted to call in people (I told her she meant the media) so they could let the world know.   She said, "does this mean we're going to be famous?"

No comments:

Post a Comment