Sunday, August 11, 2019

2800

Every day when I sit down to write a blog post I go through the same process in Blogger, the service that’s hosting my blog here.   I don’t have a fancy layout, I created something simple at the outset intentionally.   My focus was to write words, not tell stories primarily through pictures.  To create a post I click the New Post link, add a title and then type something here.  When I’m done, I click the Publish button.  That takes me to a summary page for the blog as a whole.  

At that point, if I have time, I go back and read the post.   If there are ever lots of typos or grammatical errors, I likely was in a hurry.   I decided at the outset that I wasn’t going to spend lots of time doing lots of edits to each post.   The point wasn’t to have a flawless story each day, it was to get down my thoughts for the day and a thing or two about each child.  

But I do edit.  Sometimes I edit a lot if it’s post I’m going to share with people such as the day my daughter had surgery last week.   When there’s specific information I need to document and share, I make sure it’s doesn’t stumble through it’s read.

Today I wasn’t sure what I was going to write about.  I opened up Blogger and was about to look at my topics list when I noticed the total number of published posts at the top: 2800.   For 2800 days in a row I’ve been writing a blog post here every day save for a very few exceptions.  That’s a lot of days.

In a way, it seems like I’ve always been doing these posts.   I’m still surprised by the total number of posts.   It’s a pity I didn’t have a love of writing when I was in school, I would certainly have made English class much easier.

The Big Boy Update:   My son, husband and father-in-law went to a minor league baseball game last night.  My son had a good time but his arm got hot and itchy in his cast and it got unwrapped somehow.   He’s been very good at not moving his arm any time we have to adjust the cast wrappings.   Still, I’m looking forward to the permanent cast.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter is through Alice in Wonderland and has started Through the Looking-glass, and What Alice Found There.   When she gets into audio books, she can go through hours a day.   She also does braille reading a good bit, and has to do some every day for homework now that she’s in second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment