Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Waiting to Exhale

I’m going to be vague here, but my husband and I, along with a group of other people, achieved something we’d been hoping for for over three years now.   We had people who offered up their field expertise, some that were available from a legal aspect and some very special people who were willing to help with a capital investment.

The trouble is, just because you want to do something, it doesn’t mean the thing you want to do is possible or available.   That was the most tricky part—the how.   The number of “how” discussions I can’t even count.

I had a friend that jumped in towards the end and ultimately brought to the table the missing piece we needed.   He made it possible, and I’ll be in his debt for some time.   He said he knows how I can repay him though: he’s had an iPhone 8 in his car for six months now, unopened in the box, because he doesn’t know how to move from his iPhone 6 without being absolutely sure he won’t lose anything.   Work email and text correspondence stored on his phone he can’t afford to lose.   I told him I could help him out and discharge my debt.  

For me, tonight, I feel like I can exhale after holding my breath for three long years on this project.   We can finally move forward.   Thanks very much to everyone who’s helped.

The Big Boy Update:  Last night at dinner with Uncle Bob my son wanted to bring the conversation back to Fortnite several times.   He had this idea on how you could try and join a game with any of the famous players.   His idea in theory was sound, but my husband told him they have an anonymous mode the popular players use.   My son kept asking about this , “uh-nom-I-nus” mode and how it worked.  We’d say with exaggerated pronunciation the word unanimous, but my son preferred his pronunciation.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Aunt A told me today that Alexa has a story about a blind dog that got his own seeing eye dog.  My daughter is just starting to discuss that she’s blind, mentioning it from time to time, so this story was nice for her to hear.   Especially since she loves dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment