Monday, March 18, 2019

Seismic Museum

I have that as a note in my “things I could potentially write about in the blog” spot where I jot things down.   Sometimes I get autocorrect artifacts in my text and I don’t really know what I was trying not to forget when I typed it, because I’ve already forgotten it so well the trigger of something that looks or sounds like what I was thinking at the time rings no bell at all.  

I know what this one is about though.   My mother and father have been wanting to do something special with my son, similar to what they did with my daughter when they took her on a train ride.   My son is older and sighted and a boy so his interests are different.   He decided most recently that instead of going somewhere or doing something out with my parents, he wanted to have them come over here and have a sleep over with him and his friend, Rayan.  

Tomorrow though, my mother and father are going to do something short-notice with my son for a bit of time right after school.   They’re taking him to an exhibit at a local museum about seismic activity.   From what my mother described about it, I’m rather sad I’m missing going myself.   When I told my son about it he told me he knew about earthquakes.   He even knew about tectonic plates.   “See," I told him, "I knew you’d be interested.”

The Big Boy Update:  My son got himself ready for bed without any help or reminders tonight.   I told him he was own his own and could he get done by 8:10?   He took care of everything and was dancing in his darkened room to pop music when I came in a short while later.   Pop music doesn’t calm him down for bed, but he was ready in every other way.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  While I was at dog training class my daughter was working on a project for me.   It’s complicated to describe without pictures, so I’ll save it for tomorrow, but I was so impressed with what she’d done and how much mental picturing and holding things in her head that I had to stay up late with her so we could finish it together.   She was proud of herself, but not overly so—she says she does those things at school sometimes.   Yes, I thought, but she completes one not unlike you would complete a crossword puzzle.  Creating a puzzle from scratch is another level of complexity.   Anyways, I’ll take pictures and hopefully write about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment