Saturday, March 16, 2019

Auctioneer

Yikes, I’m supposed to be at the school’s auction venue in twenty minutes.   This is going to be a fast post.   I worked this morning to get prepared to introduce the auction items.   I made some index cards with specifics on each item.   I’ve got a partner I’ll be running the auction with.   I had heard he would be doing the bid calling, something I’ve never done, but it turns out he hasn’t either.  

So we’ll be learning together tonight it appears.    We’ve raised a good bit of the goal via online silent auction items, but we have the bulk to go with the live auction.   I’d better do a good job.

The Kite Flying Children Update:  My son and daughter are at a Y-Guides kite flying event.   My daughter didn’t want to go and my son didn’t want to stop what he was doing to get ready.   My husband sent pictures of them holding the kite and then the string spindle once the kite was in the air. They look like they’re having fun now.   I wonder what my daughter thinks about how the kite pulls on the string?

No comments:

Post a Comment