Saturday, July 21, 2018

It’s Raining, It’s Pouring

I hear there is to be fifteen days of rain where we are on vacation this week.   I don’t particularly mind, I like weather.   Perhaps I should be upset we won’t be able to go to the beach, but I’m not really disappointed.   My children are happy just spending time with their cousins, aunt and uncle, oh, and their new puppy, while we’re here.

Today we lounged around this morning and then my husband went to go pick up Uncle Bob, who’s visiting for a short span, in for a surprise birthday party for a great aunt.   We went to lunch in the rain and then spent the afternoon at the house.   My son, who is never out of energy, went to a trampoline park with Uncle Bob and my husband while my daughter napped.

She never naps, but the antibiotic she’s on for her bladder infection seems to knock her out a few hours after she takes it.   She was going to go to the Kona warehouse with Uncle Eric until we realized we didn’t have any car seats with us, what with dad having out car at the trampoline place, so we made do with some fun at the house.

We spent some time in the hot tub and then had a late dinner.   And then I read bedtime stories to the children.   Tomorrow is another surprise birthday party for another great aunt on the other side of the family.   Half of the family was out today for the one party and the other half will be out tomorrow for the second party.   The children and I are home for both days, enjoying the rain and the covered hot tub.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is a sucker.   That or his cousin Kyle is a master French fry stealer.   Kyle did the, “what’s that over there?” bit to my son the other night at dinner and my son fell for it—big time.   Kyle kept distracting my son so convincingly that he got out of his seat to go across the restaurant and point to things hanging on the wall, calling out, “this one?”   My son never noticed his fries were dwindling.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   This morning after breakfast my daughter was hungry (she always is).   She told me, “I made a new holiday for our family: ‘Sugar Day'.  And today is Sugar Day!”   Then she asked if we could go get some donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment