Tuesday, July 24, 2018

How Do You Say Goodbye Tonight?

It’s our last night visiting family in New Jersey.   I’ve packed up everything that can be packed before tomorrow morning’s car loading.   My husband has been planning our departure time, route and supercharger stops to get us home in either optimal time, most efficient route or more likely least traffic-heavy roads.  

I think we’re leaving sometime between eight-thirty and nine-thirty, depending on which ferry we plan on catching.   I don’t have an alarm set, but with the hour my daughter has been waking up recently, it won’t be a problem.

My children just got back from getting ice cream with their aunt and we’re getting them ready for bed.   Someone must have said they’d have to say goodbye tonight to my daughter tonight, because I heard in her little sing-song voice, “how do you say goodbye tonight?”

Aunt Kelly explained that they may not be awake when we leave in the morning, so they would say goodbye tonight.   My daughter got it and went around hugging everyone goodbye.

The Big Boy Update:  My son just had ice cream at nine-thirty at night.  He’s very awake and very energetic.   I almost had to tie him down to get him in his pajamas and have him brush his teeth.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is going to miss the puppy, Daisy.   She likes doing anything with Daisy.   Daisy likes it when she plays squeaker toy games with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment