Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Boom Woofers

Okay, I just had to go with that blog post title because it made me laugh today.   We were visiting my in-laws for the Fourth of July and my husband was talking to his mother.   The conversation was about some wiring he was going to do in their bonus room before it was painted to prepare for television and sound.

My mother-in-law wanted to make sure some wire or another was long enough or in the best spot in case they needed to get, “one of those boom woofers”.   My husband looked at her and said, “do you mean sub-woofer?”   She did, and knows what it’s called, it just wasn’t coming to mind at the time.   We all had a good laugh at the alternate name.

For the Forth of July we went out on my in-law’s pontoon boat for a lake ride.   We’d just gotten to the middle of the lake when we had a guacamole incident.   It turns out it had been left at the house, which wouldn’t do.   My husband and children were already in the water with the children in life vests, floating along happily.   My in-laws live on the lake so my husband told us to go back, get the guacamole, and he’d wait in the water with the children.

Several minutes of discussion was had about the advisability of leaving him with two children in the middle of the lake.   He pointed out that they were highly buoyant children and besides, they had noodles and an inner tube to boot.   So we left them.

Electric pontoon boats don’t go that fast so we made non-record time back to the house, docked for less than two minutes and then returned to find them still floating, alive and no where close to being ready to get out of the water yet.

The Big Boy Update:  My son came found some perfume bottles on display at Nana and Papa’s house.   He’d never seen perfume before I don’t think, so I told him what it was.   He was about to spray some on himself but decided against it when I asked if he wanted to smell like that all day.   Then he brought the bottle over and was going to spray me but I told him I didn’t prefer perfume.   He didn’t spray any on me but said if I did wear some, “maybe when you fart it wouldn’t smell as bad.”  (Why I tell you all about these things, I will never know,)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My mother-in-law was getting the salad ready and asked Papa if he wanted some blue cheese with it.   He said he didn’t think so.   My daughter, who was sitting and listening to the conversation asked him a follow-up question, “do you want some red cheese then?”

No comments:

Post a Comment