Monday, July 30, 2018

Force of Habit

This morning I left the house before the children were awake for my mammogram appointment.   I had to plan for this appointment last night.   I was lying in bed, almost asleep, and I realized I’d forgotten something important about this morning so I got up and made sure I had it done.  

What had I done?  I’d taken the key to my care out of my purse.  I did this because if I hadn’t, I probably would have driven off in my car in the morning, forgetting I needed to take my husband’s car so he could drop my car off for service while I was at the dentist’s office (after the mammogram stop).  

It’s just a force of habit.   That, or I just really like my car.   I’ve done it before—left the house, been to school to drop the children off when my husband calls me saying I’ve taken the wrong car.   But this time I was going to be prepared.   I had plans.   If I didn’t have the key to my car in my purse when I walked out to the garage in the morning I would hopefully remember I was suppose to be in the other car.

And it worked too.   I walked into the garage, hit my garage door button and started walking towards the car door when I remembered.   Creature of habit, or at least with my car I am.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is having some screen separation issues.   He’s having an opportunity to do more screen time than he typically would have as it’s summer.   He’s going to have a few days off to see if he can reset some.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter is over the fear of the eye pressure tool.   Which is a big relief since we had to take her to the OR recently to get an accurate pressure.   Today I think Dr. Grace must have checked it fifty times in one eye and more in the other.   My daughter’s only difficulty was in trying to look forward and not roll her eyes.   Her right eye is rolled almost all the time so getting to a spot where you can see pupil is difficult.   She didn’t seem to mind the pressure check at all though, which is good as it makes things a lot easier since she’s had and will continue to have pressure issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment