Thursday, November 9, 2017

Yay For Mimi

Today is my mother’s birthday.  We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with our family, my parents and Aunt Kelly and our niece, Nicole, who is looking at colleges so they’re in town for two days.   We all like Mexican food and there was a restaurant that’s fairly new we hadn’t been to with our niece and the children’s aunt before.  

When we arrived they asked if we minded live music, which we said we didn’t.  Only the music was so very loud even shouting it was difficult to communicate.   But the musicians were good and the food was good and the company was good so it was all, well, good.

My daughter at the end of the meal was so tired she was asking to go so she could go to sleep.   But I’d been told by our waitress that they were bringing out a little dessert for my mother, so I delayed by not standing up and we waited.

When the dessert with the single candle came out it came along with every wait staff member and the band.   There was a large sombrero they placed on my mother and then they all sang.   My mother smiled at every one of them while they finished their song.    At the end, everyone clapped.   My daughter clapped and said, “yay for Mimi”.’

Happy birthday, mom.

The Big Boy Update:  We were very late for bed tonight being out to dinner so I told the children in the car they didn’t have to have a bath.   For the first time in ever my son actually wanted to have a bath, saying, “no mom, we didn’t have a bath last night, we have to have one tonight”.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Gramps asked my daughter what time it was.   She said, “just a minute” and then pressed the button on her talking watch, which informed them it was 6:20PM.   My father asked her if she knew what ‘PM’ meant?   She confidently told him, “I don’t care”.

No comments:

Post a Comment