Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Who Does the Cooking?

It’s been a day.   One of those days that has come to an end and I’m just not sure I’ve got the energy to put forth the effort to write a blog post.   But I did hear a conversation that was funny while I was out of the room tonight.  

My husband and children had sat down to dinner and I was heading in.   My husband likes to cook and has for the time we’ve been married been almost exclusively the one who does the cooking.   He told me once, “thanks for letting me cook dinner tonight”.   My children know that their father does all the cooking but it wasn’t until tonight that I got their perspective on the matter:

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Does Mom Know How to Cook Conversation:    My daughter asked, “has mommy ever cooked dinner?   My son replied, “no”.   My husband, trying to be helpful said, “she has one dish” and then because I think he thought he’d better revise his statement he said, “she knows how to cook”.   My daughter helpfully cried out, “egg salad!”

No comments:

Post a Comment